Offering three distinct configurations, allowing the user to choose which works best for their riding needs, the new XD4 is similar in appearance to the previous XD3, but greatly improved in all-around performance. The combination of the new comfort headliner, with micro-fitting 5mm peel-away temple pads, and Arai's patent-pending FCS® cheek pad design, also with 5mm peel away layers, add a new dimension to the concept of helmet fit and customization. It takes a unique sense of commitment to continually strive to improve your product – especially when it’s already regarded as the very best.
- The XD-4 offers three distinct configurations depending on rider preference or riding conditions. Change the look every time you ride — or even during the same ride.
- Arai’s patented FCS® Cheek Pad design delivers comfort and support, and it features our exclusive 5mm peel-away custom-fit layer.
- The larger, sculpted vents improve ventilation efficiency as well as helmet stability on your head at speed.
- The chin vent has more intake ports for improved airflow.
- These top-diffuser-vent ports nearly double the XD4’s airflow, while its shell shape provides better aerodynamic stability at higher street speeds in concert with its high-flow peak and side cowl vents.
- Arai’s exclusive peel-away side/temple crown pads give you the option of 5mm more of interior width if needed. Yet another level of fit customization no other helmet brand offers.
- Brow vents in the XD4 face shield provide airflow to the temple area of the head.
- Arai’s Dry-Cool® technology keeps you drier and cooler (hence the name) for greater long-haul comfort.
- Developed to allow easier access to an injured rider, the XD4’s cheek pads slide out easily – via the integrated pull-tabs built into the underside of the cheek pad – making helmet removal much easier for trained medical personnel.
- Snell M2015 approved